Ok so technically these should be called hundreds and thousands cookies…but it just didn’t have the same ring to it!
The idea was inspired by this Strawberries and Sprinkles Buttermilk Pancakes post by Averie Cooks. Yes I know mine aren’t pancakes but the idea of adding sprinkles to food was inspired by this post and the many others I have stumbled across on Pinterest over the years.
So without further ado, here they are:
Makes approximately 16 to 20 cookies
- 180g margarine
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 packet Cadbury baking chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup hundreds and thousands
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C and line two trays with baking paper
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in an electric mixer.
- Measure out the flour into a separate large bowl, then add the creamed margarine and sugar mixture, chocolate chips and hundreds and thousands.
- Stir until combined.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto a tray, and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Variations: Would also be nice with white chocolate chips! Or you could try replacing the hundreds and thousands with real sprinkles.