This week I’m doing the $21 challenge (read more about it here) with the aim of using up some of the ingredients I have in my pantry.
I used to detest chickpeas (it was a texture thing), but I’ve slowly come to enjoy them over the last year or so by gradually introducing them into my diet in less intimidating ways such as hommus and chic nuts.
Whilst I enjoy these snacks they can add up dollar-wise so I thought I would try making them myself. I have also recently become addicted to adding Moroccan seasoning to many of my meals so I thought this would be a great addition to my homemade hommus and roasted chickpeas.
Moroccan roasted chickpeas
- Tinned chickpeas (I only used half a tin but it didn’t make many so would opt for a full tin next time)
- Moroccan seasoning
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse.
- Spread the chickpeas out over the tray and sprinkle generously with Moroccan seasoning.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown.
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until combined. You may need to scrape down sides occasionally.
- Alter the ratio of ingredients to suit your personal preference.
- Serve with rice crackers or veggie sticks.